1.29.2009

Wondrous Whales




Ok, i'm still giddy about having seen this pod of whales. It was such an awe-inspiring experience.


I did learn a little more about them, this particular pod was the North Atlantic Right Whale, and there are fewer than 100 in Florida waters. And on top of that they are spread over a large area so to have caught a glimpse was even more special.

And it's so crazy that I just happened to forget my lunch yesterday, so I happened to take Aidan to my house to grab it, and then of course got to see these beautiful creatures!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That is so incredible!! I never thought I would want to see whales, but now I do :). Well I'm glad that you forgot your lunch, its like a happy accident or something :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love the picture of the fin sticking out of the water! That must have been so great to see, and right in your backyard (kinda). Awesome--in the truest sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing...!!! The one totally looks 'shark' like, so my heart would have started to slightly pump faster!! =) So lucky of you though!! The bonuses of living close to the beach baby! LOVE YOUUUUU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK sooooo I don't know if you got a comment from mom that was actually from me because I accidently wrote a comment and didn't realize it was logged in on moms thing so this was it:

    Thats so awesome! I'm sure it would have been a lot awesome-er to actually see it in person, but until I make my way down there I'll just have to experience it through your blogging.

    ReplyDelete