8.08.2008

THUG LIFE!


Decisions, decisions... playing around with our 'self-timer' option on the camara...



Might as well make the best of a rain shower right?!
I found this collection of greeting cards... one of my simple pleasures in life... i love quirky greeting cards... i absolutely LOVE this first one with the chicken who has her toes to her nose...hahaha


Zane and his creation...
kiwis, strawberries, crepes and homemade whip cream... such a great combo!
Whipped cream craziness!
Target of course...
One of our fave hang-outs... the bookstore!
Zane in his happy place with his iced green tea, hot apple pies and his redwall book.
"Thug life" is just a line from a funny flick we saw last night, Pineapple Express --not a life we actually claim to live, haha...however this is a small collection of photos from our 'normal' life this past week. Yesterday I was off work by noon so the beach took immediate priority. I'm not going home to the west coast without a tan next week if I can help it! Everybody assumes that because you live in a sunny tropical location that this fact alone ensures you are always tan. So not the case! I joined my neighbor Elaina and her two-boys for a couple good hours of sun-soaking and wave-jumping! And while I was soaking up the sun, I soaked up my crazy good book which i'm listening to on CD called Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I'm so so into it and hearing it read in her voice is really delightful. On a sad note, Zane came home from work and we got ready to go up to St. Augustine for David's viewing. The funeral home was packed with his friends, family & former co-workers. I never knew David personally but it really spoke to me of his character that Zane has always been telling me about. We then proceeded to visit old town St. Augustine since we were in the vicinity. It seems like the second we parked it started dumping buckets of rain so we took an unplanned shower. But I got some new yoga pants and an FSU sweatshirt out of the deal so i wasn't complaining. We strolled around aimlessly and ended up where we always do...Cafe del Hidalgo for some heavenly gelato. A half cup of fresh pineapple sorbet gelato and a half cup of wild strawberry! Then being in the hurry we were we grabbed some dinner at the movie theather out of desperation, certainly not out of a love for greasy hot dogs and popcorn! Our friends Byran & Ashley recommended we go see Pineapple Express for some laughs so we did... since the viewing left us in need of a 'pick-me-up.' All in all we had a fun evening of being buddies together!

2 comments:

  1. So it's true...I love reading your messages...! It makes me soo happy to feel like I actually 'really' know what's going on with you two. I chat to Pete about you guys, as if I had just chatted' to you on the phone...."blah, blah, blah...Zand & Anna went to see a movie today, said it was great....blah, blah, blah...then took a run in the rain!!!" HA, and YES I do realize that I'm a total nerd! Anyways sounds like you two have had such a fun week...happy to see that your still enjoying eachothers company!!! Love the new hair du' by the way..when did ya do that?!?!!? LOVE IT....I chopped mine too...feels soooo freaken' good!! =) Ok....LOVE YA!! Enjoy the rain showers..they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh I forgot something...GET THIS.....(and yes..only you would understand..) Pete just realized that he can download 'podcast' free HISTORY crap off the Itune thing...on to MY IPOD....!!! Soooo not only did my Ipod get taken' from me...FOR GOOOOOOD...I now get to listen to the daily report of 'what's on in history today'!!! He was sooo thrilled about it, he's like..."ohhhh I gotta tell Zane about this...he'll love it..."! ha!!! What nerds.....!! =) Love them though....! I know you'll have some sympathy for me!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete