11.01.2009

How did you spend YOUR extra hour?





woke up this morning & asked my love if he would like to take a walk with me.  he said he did.  it was one of those deliciously cool, grey mornings.  one of the ones where you can feel a light mist on your cheeks & the colors seem so vivid & contrasting & wonderful.  we walked north along the beach during high tide & my love asked if i wanted to get a coffee at java joint.  i told him i had made coffee before we left & that it seemed silly to go back for a wallet.  he said he'd brought his just in case & he wanted to buy me a "fancy" coffee.  this made me smile.  so we went & sat on the outside patio beneath the grey sky & shared breakfast & some "fancy" coffee & read coffee news & chatted about all the things we didn't get to talk about yesterday (when i'd been busy working & sleeping & avoiding reality) & we held hands & smiled like dopey lovebirds at each other.  & then we walked home & got ready for our days.

2 comments:

  1. I love your views that included your "extra hour"...I could just FEEL the sand, the water, the mist, the "cool" on your cheeks, then a cup of fancy coffee and breakfast...so glad you can share special together-time with your one true love.
    PS: "Extra Hour" we didn't get one in Arizona...glad you did though...you made the most of it!

    ReplyDelete