3.30.2011

sign

"i woke up in the blue room with the cracked ceiling.  then i dressed in a hurry and snuck out the side door and walked into town.  i stopped by my favorite cafe and drank a bowl size cup of coffee.  i walked in the warm sand down to the beach early in the morning.  it was quiet there. i laid on my towel and i looked at my feet that were tan and pretty against the crashing waves.  the seagulls watched me, but only for the possibility of food.  my hair whipped my face. i sat up to read the book i brought with me. it was a perfect day." 

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh a cup of coffee,sand, a towel, a book, the beach...I'm picturing Flagler...it sounds perfectly inviting...wish I was there. So happy you're on here again...seems like forever. Welcome back DD of mine!

    ReplyDelete