3.30.2011

stronger?

i think my job is helping me to be more assertive.  that & life experience over the past year.

working with seniors has been delightful, a truly positive experience.  without trying to be amusing, it's really like working with babies, like 30 at a time. 

i'm over what we call 'front hall' & it's known as a more dependent hallway as far as residents needs are concerned... vs. the more self-sufficient 'back hall' which i never get assigned.  it's sort of flattering that this has become my hallway.  at least that's what i remind myself when it gets hairy:)  & the point of that is not to toot my horn, but to emphasis by default, i am feeling stronger because i have to be for them.

i understand seniors in a way that i never could have without this job & for that i feel so thankful that this opportunity dropped into my lap.  i could go on & on about what i learn from them day to day, and occasionally i probably will babble a bit along those lines:)

i am enjoying a job that gives me stories to go home with every night.  that is the coolest.

& while i'm rambling about my job, i loooove working nights.  i was made to work nights, i can't imagine going back to mornings. 

anyway back to the point about feeling stronger.  i made a phone call a few days ago that i didn't foresee ever being able to make a few months ago.  it was a healthy move, a baby step toward rebuilding that relationship.

& i didn't feel like a little girl controlled by the world around her. i felt like a woman, strong in her own rite. 

2 comments:

  1. I've really wondered HOW your new job was going and now I'm really glad you shared some of your feelings about it. Thanks so much. Glad its making you a stronger person! Thats WONDERFUL! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the job is a great fit for you! I read somewhere that we should all hang around people that are older than 70 and younger than 6 a lot more often...!

    ReplyDelete