10.13.2008

Nuestro Fin de Semana...

Safety first! Me being annoying and taking pix while Zane is driving... at least he is smiling! His first drink!
Taken by Jacob
Us being... us.
You can tell he still can't believe he just got sang to... haha, love it!
I couldn't resist, duh
Happy birthday to you!
Make a wish!
We had a pretty normal weekend for the most part. We spent a lowkey friday evening 'in' just enjoying each other's company. We made this great spaghetti casserole that I think will actually become a regular in our house. I'm totally into all things fall right now so i'm lovin' all things warm and toasty, certainly including hot dishes! We even got some quality snuggle time and caught up on some season 3 Grey's Anatomy; we're so behind - season 4 is already out! It felt nice to take it easy, plus we both worked on saturday of course, unfortunately for Zane, his work day started at the unearthly hour of 5:30a.m so no crazy late nights for us. I hope it's just a phase because i'm kind of freaked out, but we've gotten into like a real live routine of going to bed early...get this... consistantly. It scares me a little bit, not gonna lie. It makes me feel like we're becoming old farts way before our time. Anyway i'd like to think maybe we're just 'maturing' (HA) and discovering that waking up after at least 8-hours of sleep is much much nicer than waking up after 5 or less hours of sleep...Anyhoo, after a depressingly slow day at La Piazza I had to muster up some more energy to go babysit for 3 little munchkins, Ben, Emma and their friend from out of town, Isabelle. Zane had the night off from the car wash so he was nice enough to accompany me, which I was really grateful for! We played barbies, swam in their freezing cold pool, ate pizza and fruit snacks, watched some Zack & Cody, played some on their Wii... quite a night. We were so exhausted, but it's always worthwhile! Sunday became Zane's official 'make-up' birthday... I baked him some blueberry cake, did the dishes (which is 'his' chore... and he'd been piling them up for a few days... so he got off the hook on this one, hee hee) while he was at work. I went to meeting in Port Orange and was invited out to lunch with some of the friends in Edgewater, Neil & Lillian... was great to get to know them better and spend time also with Ruth, Leala, Cira, Bob and Shirley too! And Lillian basically cooked thanksgiving dinner... it was uh-mazing! Then I came home and ran by Publix and thanked my lucky stars that they had an egg custard pie... Zane's absolute favorite dessert!! And I got some fun sparkler candles and the number 21 so he could have a 'real' birthday cake! Then he came home from work and we got ready to go out to TGIF's... his choice. He got this massive plate of ribs and fried shrimp... and he even got to order his first drink as a 21-year-old. He got a peach schnapps(not shocking) with Jack Daniels (totally shocking) and orange and cranberry juices. Anyone who knows Zane knows he's so not a drinker, but he's always surprising me with his drink choices on the rare occasion when he so chooses to partake. And the BEST part of TGIF's was our waiter, Jacob. He took the initiative to realize it was Zane's birthday when he checked out his license to ID him, and tooootally got like 7 waiters to come clap and sing and bring him an ice cream sundae. It was SO awesome because I didn't say one word, the waiter did it all on his own so Zane couldn't get me in trouble! HAHA! BRILLANT! It was so funny because he started to hear this clapping but it sounded like it was on the other side of the restaurant, and he instantly looks at me and says, "NO! You didn't did you?!" I was like, "psh, honey! i've been here beside you the entire time, there is no way I could've said anything... it's probably for someone else!" But sure enough, the clapping got louder and louder and they came around the corner and we both knew... it was HILARIOUS!!! Then we went to Regal Cinemas, also in Ormond Beach and saw Eagle Eye (his choice of course) with our FREE movie tickets... (yep that's what happens when you have tropical storms and the power goes out in the middle of your movie... you get free tickets, YAY!) And then of course when we got home he totally devoured his pie and I sang him happy birthday...so it was a fun little day... and I still feel like Zane got jipped out a 'real' birthday but he insists he had a good time. Thanks to everyone who reached out with cards and gifts and phone calls and text messages! I love it when people make my baby feel as special as I think he is. I'll post a few pix tomorrow probably!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun weekend/day :). Ha I love that you didnt ask the waiter and they did something anyways :) Its always best when that happens because even though we all hatte it when people sing to us and make a big scene in the middle of a restaurant where we are enjoying our perfectly good dinners... :) Its at least a story to look back on and laugh at..at some point anyway. I think its hilarious that you are feeling like old farts because you go to bed early...Just remember you are as young as you think you are ;) hehe* Anyway, Glad to hear about your weekend :) Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahhhhhh chicken!!How fun does Roo's b-day sound?!?! I was soooo wanting to be there to see his face when all the wait staff sang to him...how funny!! =) You did a great job as a make up b-day...his favorite cake and all! Gosh...brownie points MAJOR!!!! Congrats to you two and a very successful, fun day!! Can't wait to see photos!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE ya both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! So fun to "see" you guys on your blog! Happy Birthday! The big 21! You don't really remember many of them after that one... At least I don't! :) Sounds like you guys are doing great! We had a fun time with your family a few months back! Too bad you guys weren't with them! :)

    ReplyDelete