4.03.2009

something to smile about

i have found extreme joy in some silly things this week -things to fill the pages of my gratitude journal...

1- singing at the top of my lungs to celine dion. her songs are so dramatic. the best kind to really throw yourself into. plus i'm sick & tired of being embarrassed when i'm all alone. i'm forcing myself to come out of my shell.
2- i'm more than halfway thru New Moon. i'm trying to pace myself. i like it so much more than twilight.
3- zane started reading twilight. i never thought he would allow himself to get sucked in. i'm so amused by this.
4- we fell asleep reading on the couch together after work. probably slept for a couple hours. woke up. and went to bed. it was delicious. haven't had this much sleep in a long time.
5- i had to get some things like paper towels & window cleaner & dish soap for my boss at the store... so i took the liberty to buy all environmentally conscious items. he won't be thrilled. but i'm going to be secretly satisfied.
6- i've resisted buying anything for myself aside from essentials. just food & gas. not even chocolate! it's only been three days -but still.
7- my car has been the gift that keeps on giving. i pushed some buttons and discovered i have seat warmers & xm radio! we are thoroughly enjoying the stand-up comedy channels. tho i really wish the language was less colorful.
8- there is a slight possibility the family i nanny for will be moving to a house close enough for me to walk to for the summer. that would be amazing!
9- i discovered the yumminess of oli & vinegar on deli sandwhiches!!
10- i have leads for two different part-time jobs in my very near future -i'm so grateful for any opportunites to save more money these days=)
11- i have a sunburn, but just on one of my arms- it's from sitting in my car reading. so i have one red arm & one white arm. it looks pretty silly.
12- oh yes, & Ash helped talk me thru the killing & disposal of a giant cockroach in my house when i was all alone. we conquered fear, i wasn't very brave. but the point is, we did it.
13- when i was taking Evan & her friend Amber to school the other day, i heard Evan tell her that she needed to be 'very careful not to put her dirty feet on my seat because this was a new car & zane had just cleaned it & he would not be happy with you.' she totally had my back.=)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE CELINE DION! I would love to sing at the top of my lungs with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, It's so fun to have a new car, glad you are enjoying finding new things...and I absolutely love my seat warmers, too!!! But, really...it was 14 here this morning...what was it there...85!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you talking about. you were so brave with the cockroach thing, I had the easy job I don't even know what a cockroach looks like...and no I don't want to see anytime soon. I'm also laughing about Evan teling her friend to be 'very careful'.. hehe. kids are the best. Also...love the whole one arm burnt one arm not.. hehe :) I always hate it when that happens. I soo want to be tan right now though. Anyway, thanks for the list--you know how much i enjoy lists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #10 is a new one on me? You didn't say anything about this when we talked????

    #12 when you texted me about the cockroach, I really did believe you, but later on that evening I began wondering if you were April Foolin' me.............sounds like it really was for real!!! And sounds like you were a survivor!!! Love you, mama

    ReplyDelete