12.29.2009

things that make me feel good right now.

yesterday & today.
  • the apartment, zane & me for two weeks & 1-day.
  • rearranging pix on the fridge.
  • anticipating the feelings a good friend is having about her wedding day tomorrow.
  • this quote: "Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose- a point on which the soul may fix it's intellectual eye." Mary Shelley.  i love to think that by purposing to keep my focus singular, that it is calming to my mind.
  • experiencing my first taste of weight loss. feeling healthier
  • listening to the best of chris isaak & playing mexican train with zane.  (sorry mom & dad for ever saying i hate chris isaak.  i lied.  he is awesome.)
  • writing birthdays & anniversarys on a brand new calendar.
  • Grandpa Pete celebrating another birthday.
  • finding chocolate & graham crackers in my lunch box that zane packed for me. wow. worth like a bazillion brownie points!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me to transfer birthdays onto a new calendar. Glad to hear you really do like Chris Isaak...I love is clear, mellow voice...it's just so calming for me. The dominoe's Mexican train is something I've never learned...glad it's something you two can play just the two of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I've needed. Makes me want to make a list of my own, and inspires me to look at the simple good things we enjoy day to day.
    Thanks for sharing. :) Oh and totally cracked up at the Chris Isaak thing..hehe.how does it always seem to happen like that.

    ReplyDelete