5.21.2010

my mantra of late has been a verse in psalms 119:165.  it hit home when i read an email awhile back.
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
my patience has been tested so many times these past few months & i know the tests are far from over. i guess they never are until we take our last breath.  does that overwhelm anyone else like it does me?  anyway on an optimistic note, many battles have been won- many are still being fought right now, but progress is being made.  & as my mom always reminds me: "somedays it's one step forward & two steps back."   

every time i think on these words, i get the perspective i need when i'm feeling angry.  there is no peace to be found in getting frustrated & giving into my human nature.  peace comes when i rise above that.  i want to give my energy to that

1 comment:

  1. When you give everything to God, thats when you can have the inner peace and contentment and strength to take forward steps. Patience isn't something thats very easy for many of us, though some are born with more than others, but spiritually, it's hard, but the burden is so much lighter when we put all of our will into the yoke with Jesus, then the burden becomes light! Hang in there...and remember...baby steps! Love you.

    ReplyDelete