5.12.2010

today when i was walking into work, i instinctively reached for my phone to call zane & let him know i had made it to work.  something i haven't done in probably two years.  something i hadn't even consciously realized that we'd stopped doing. 

i can think back to multiple occassions where my heart would literally ache in my chest until i'd received that phone call from zane to let me know he'd made it safely to work, paranoid that surely something awful would happen to him between work & home.

& not that i still don't have fears of something happening to my love- i do.  & not that we still don't talk frequently during the day.  but i guess i'm just feeling thankful that we have relaxed a little more into our life together... if that even makes sense. 

sometimes i'm not even sure why i try to explain the thoughts that run thru my head.

1 comment:

  1. I think you get that from me...I always tell the kids...even if not a call, just a text saying..."I made it"....doesn't have to be a big deal...just the common courtesy of saying "you care". Just like Ben & Sue ALWAYS kiss and say "I love you" everytime one or the other goes ANYWHERE...they said they started doing that sometime ago because they said, "what if it was the last time we ever saw one another"...thats just their little thing...nothing wrong though with the little connection between people that love each other...they know you care.

    ReplyDelete