8.20.2009

a day in the life of me

i woke up today & opted for a 15-minute jog rather then an hour & a half yoga session as previously planned. because obviously i'm way to busy for that (i kid, i'm just lazy). i found my jogging headphones in Zane's car, which is one of those simple pleasures for me today. i have been struggling with ear buds that fall out every 10-steps which is quite exasperating. i also might add that i plug these lovely headphones into my beloved discman that i got for $14 at wally world. i feel like the only person in the world who uses a discman anymore, but truth be told, i love it WAY more than my ipod so... old skool it is.

later.

it was dark at 4 o'clock in the afternoon thanks to a storm that decided to sit & stay awhile. it was delicious. reminded me of my glorious seattle days. the sun is so wasted on me! it makes me want to hole up in an alaska winter & overdose on the color gray. anyway the afternoon found me in the library scouring the shelves for a good read. instead i found four. i chose to start with this new memoir called it sucked & then i cried. & i'm ENTHRALLED. it's laugh out loud funny tho i feel weird saying that because it deals with really heavy material. this woman copes with chronic depression & has a baby & then deals with post partum depression. sidenote- if you've never been pregnant, i wouldn't recommend this read til after you have had a baby. it might permanently scare you away altogether because her experience was extra awful & extreme.

great day.

1 comment:

  1. hehe. ah. the days of the discman. love it. :) I used to hate ipods...now. i'm kind of attached. Love it when you find the lagh out loud funny books--its the main criteria for a good book in my world.

    ReplyDelete