8.20.2009

"Our Old Stuff"




time on my hands finds me exploring some of those locations that i've driven by at inconvenient times, but locations that had been put on my mental list of places that needed to be explored someday. someday like today. most especially: "Our Old Stuff." it drew me in sometime back in april when we drove by it's boldly painted blue & green exterior. green like orbits sweet mint green & the kind of blue you would get if you were painting with a bright royal blue & you mixed a dollop of white. & big words like "VINTAGE" & "RETRO" & "MODERN" were written across the windows. total eye candy for me. i put my purse in a locker (required) & walked around barefoot in my tutu dress, stilettos in hand. i got lost winding thru the maze of rooms packed with treasures. i spent hours just touching, smelling & taking it all in. it took me back to countless afternoons i'd spent in tri-cities browsing antique stores. i realized how much i have missed these afternoons! i scored a handmade dress from the 60s & it's bad to the bone i assure you even my conservative husband approves. it's not wild by any means, but the proposition of a dress from the 60s coming home with me had him sweating, i could hear it in his voice. i'm so in love with the idea that i possess a dress from fifty years ago! i mean it's so old that even after i washed it, it still has that "old" smell. which brings immense joy to my heart. i also found a skinny square brown van heusen tie & it dates back to the 70s. so my dear husband wouldn't feel left out. duh. it is worth every single one of those 500 pennies to cost me. & then i met this crushed velvet couch that is straight out of my dreams. i have this love affair with crushed velvet furniture. it was from the 1930s- i mean that alone makes me feel giddy! it's just not in our budget so it must stay in my dreams. until further notice...

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to post a picture of you and your hubby in your vintage gear! And you look great on the couch-it's beautiful...You too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay vintage. :) so you. Did we get a pic of you two in your vintage attire?

    ReplyDelete