8.20.2009

flight to seattle

i would just like everybody (& by that i of course mean all two of you, lol) to know that i just completed my first xanax (aka anti anxiety drug) free airplane flight in years. the fact that i had overlapping doses of IB profun & nyQuil is obviously irrelevant. what we should really be focusing on is the fact that i never squeezed zane's hand once, nor were any heads bitten off & chewed during nervous fits of hysteria on the off chance that the pilot would not brake in time & we'd surely burst into flames & die (or maybe even worse... burst into flames & live), as we crashed into some poor old unsuspecting building. yes, this thought does play over & over in my head every time we are hovering inches over the runway- during that sickening wait period wondering what kind of landing we will experience this time. the goal of course being to land on two wheels preferably and to brake promptly after both wheels have made contact with the ground. NO- i do not want to "rock" like as in land on one wheel & then the other and then back to the first like a teeter totter. like the experience of one particular flight my parents were on (NIGHTMARES!) BUT. i arrived in one whole piece amazingly. and my heart only dropped near my toes like three or 5 million times. pretty earth shattering stuff. up there in the same category of accomplishments as curing cancer will be someday i'm pretty sure of it.

2 comments:

  1. uuuuummmmm, ameeen. I have the exact same thoughts and the entire flight, the tiniest bit of turbulence will have me squeezing the arms rests or worse accidently having my hand fly up and hit the guy beside me. and we won't even go into landing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well. I'm glad you made it here and back. sorry you had to go through that though.

    ReplyDelete