2.01.2011

The complicated side of me

The other day was the kind of day that found me sipping on loose-leaf detox tea blend & [blasting] britney spears.

I'm full of these kinds of contradictions and it alarms me how easy it is to desire cleanliness AND sing such dirty, overtly worldly things.

(& guiltily enjoy myself!!) That's the kicker.

And a word on music choices....the mister & i went to wal-mart & I bought the latest rihanna, he bought jerrod niemen(sp?), a country artist. How's that for opposites. But heres the thing that I adore. We can pop them BOTH into the car stereo and happily sing along to each others choices.

2 comments:

  1. Music is such a funny thing... I think there is a time in life when the type of music you listen to sort of "defines" you and it's kind of against the rules to listen to any genre other than that particular type of music, and then as you get older the music you listen too is truly about what makes you happy at that moment in time!! It's a really nice place to be, don't you think!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me smile. The last line says it all. Love it.

    ReplyDelete