2.01.2011

A word on clothes



Yesterday was the kind of day that makes me want to wear a sweater, not because it was sweater-weather, actually it was 68 & lovely, but just because it's cute, and i like it. 

It's from Anthropologie, my favorite store that i can't afford, but i found this 'anthropologie-reject' store a couple months ago, and picked up a bunch of things that needed some love in the form of buttons & sewing up holes & tears (& all for under like $8 a piece!)

This one in particular makes me smile because my friend made the comment that it looks like it has a doily on the front, and she didn't mean it in a good way.  Which made Zane laugh because he secretly agreed.

Zane & I have never seen eye-to-eye on much of anything except for you know the "big/non-negotiables" of course.  So we made a pact when we first started falling in love to never say anything negative about each other's wardrobes, or where they came from... (usually mine from Goodwill, his from Van Huesen)  And I have to say we've both held up our ends of the bargain pretty well over the years.  Of course styles have evolved, and sure comments have been made, but we've come so far as to have 'Color-Coordinated-Sundays.'  So that's saying something.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! That being a "Color-coordinated-Sunday-couple" is a definite sign of maturing! hahaha, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. ;-)

    I'm pretty sure my Grandparents could greatly relate to this post, from where they started to where they are now. "He was just an Idaho Hayseed!"......etc., etc., etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drats! I just posted but think it went into la-la land . . . if this is the second post, please delete! I really like your sweater, doily and all! I scored on a light weight jacket the same way. It was really cheap, just missing two buttons & they were pinned onto the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweater! I've never seen a doily on a more hip sweater, so there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the doily sweater is a hit!! I love it too!! And lucky you to find such a cool store! I'd say you and Zane are doing great if you can do the coordinating Sunday outfits... Joe has a weird fear of us matching and in the past has been known to go change his outfit because we matched... Maybe it's because I want us to match so much that he has such a phobia about it, although he's relaxed a little bit... Either that or we just don't have enough leftover time in the morning anymore so he's stuck matching us if it happens!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha...I laughed about the matching Sunday's...Dad and I never plan it that way, but occasionally it does happen...and I think it's kind of cool. I like the sweater though...very nice...is that one of them that you had at the alterations place that we tried 3 times to go pick up? Hope you got them eventually!!!!

    ReplyDelete