9.04.2008

"I think this is "My Song"...nooooo not MY song, that's what it's called! This is called 'Wasted' which is definitely not MY song..."

Yes, all 3 of us squeezed into 1 school bus seat! Such a beautiful setting.

We look a little wild because it was pitch black and the flash was blindingly bright!


We went to see Brandi Carlile perform at the Portland Zoo. It was a gorgeous warm evening, the weather really couldn't have been more perfect. We barely wiggled our way into a small grassy patch, but we did and that's what counts! We were just a bit snugglier which was just fine. Brandi Carlile put on an amazing perfomance, a highlight was when she covered Johnny Cash's 'Folsom Prison Blues' because it allowed me to add Zane into my fun night even tho he was 3,000 miles away sleeping...(He adores Johnny Cash in case somebody doesn't know this) Anywho, we people watched and giggled and sang along like crazy people... a very memorable evening indeed. We also took notes... we were totally surrounded by professional 'picnic-ers' who brought all these amazing salads and sandwhiches and cupcakes... and we brought... nothing. We were so bummed, haha, but we did steal some of Ash's elephant ear which by the way you should never sneeze near because it makes a wild mess of the cinnamon and sugar but we laughed hysterically.

3 comments:

  1. so I've been totally out of it and not checking your blog.. because I dont know I'm used to other things, guess I will have to get used to this if I want to be up to date on things in your life sinnnce my schedule doesn't permit many chances to connect by phone. ANYWAY getting to the point here...i just told this story last night to my sister...and I was laughing so hard but I couldn't remember which song it was that lace said that too.. and that it was "Wasted" makes it even more hysterical. AH goood times. I cannot say Good times enough. I LOVE YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha.. I had to comment on this again.... The sneezing and the My song thing... omiword cracks me up..EVERY. Time.

    ReplyDelete