9.19.2008

I Can't Help But Feel That Life Is So Good

I picked up the 'little man' a.k.a 'boo-boo' a.k.a Aidan early this morning, and took him back to our place so his Mama could work on homework at home... during my commute, aproximately 50-minutes in all of driving, I was able to finish my audio book, EAT.PRAY.LOVE. which was bittersweet. I didn't want it to end but then I was thrilled to come to find out at the end that there is a continuation of Elizabeth Gilbert's memoir coming in 2009 called Weddings & Evictions. This tiny fact brings me heaps of joy! And relief i'm realizing. I found myself craving more, more & more from this book. Then Zane and I had some errands to run so we got some breakfast, went to Target to return some things, went to City Hall to pay our water bill and finally ended our long morning by strolling around the local Farmer's Market. We found a new booth selling Kenyan coffee and come to find out the man came from a village near Nairobi that Zane had been to a few years ago while visiting Jason! Anyway we left with 4 cucumbers, 2 tomatos, a 1/2 pound of walnuts and almonds, 3 pounds of apples and a big fat watermelon. Not a bad way to spend $20, especially to support our local farmers. Then we took the back roads toward home and discovered this tucked away little jogging trail that follows the intracoastal canal, and it's like 3-blocks from our house! Anyway Aidan is now sleeping soundly in his bed and i've just been meandering around the library looking for a new audio book to keep me company in the car. I also squeezed in a nice long chat with my Mom on one of the benches outside the library enjoying the sunshine and breezes. And I can't help but feel that life is so good.

1 comment:

  1. It was nice talkin' to you on the phone this a.m. Glad all is well on the "home front".........life is good here.......nothing new.
    Read your blog for this week...happy you get to go to convention too. Camping ought to be fun if you don't run into any creepy crawlers or rain.

    ReplyDelete