11.17.2008



it was the most eerie feeling watching this orange glow come toward me thru our front door as i was sitting on our couch friday night minding my own business. freaking out, i grabbed Zane's arm and demanded him to tell me what was happening. he sprinted out the door and said, "it's the shuttle launch!!" i relaxed instantly, and immediately replaced my fear with feeling lucky. you should've seen the excitement on his face. he's been trying to catch of glimpse of one of these shuttle launches ever since we moved here. we stood in silence for a good three minutes just in complete awe. it was absolutely the most amazing thing i've ever witnessed in my life.

and come to find out the next day we had witnessed history. there are no more night launches. supposedly ever.
and no, i can't claim these pictures as my own. i was too awed to move my eyes and grab my camera.

4 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with your pictures, they are really neat looking. Daniel & I watched it on his laptop from countdown to when it was such a tiny dot in the sky you couldn't see it any longer. How cool that you actually could see what you did, at the right place and at the right time...and of course, camera at the ready...that's how you get really cool pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh my word, that is just amazing. And simply beautiful!! Guessing it happened super fast, so good on you to catch some great shots!! I can just imagine Zane's extreme excitement!! ha!!! He's 1 up on Pete now!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I watched that on livestream from foxnews.com but it just wasn't the same as in person I'm sure... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! must have been incredible.

    ReplyDelete