11.20.2008

November is for Thanksgiving

i've been conscious of a constant running list of things in my head that make me feel thankful because of our approaching holiday. some are silly, some are substantial but all are worthy of being written down. for myself. to remind myself that i am lucky, even on those days when skies are grey.
  • taking in my Truelove's face when he laughs without holding back
  • Beach House Beanery's homeade apple cider
  • fitting into my size "00" jeans again
  • catching a glimpse of dolphins in the ocean, thru the windows of the place we call home no less
  • eggnog lattes, and thinking of my Gramma because she loves them as much as I do
  • Josh Groban's christmas tunes, and singing along unihibited in my car
  • being awarded with a fun find at a thrift store after hours of browsing
  • brown bag lunches, especially ones with chunks of extra sharp cheddar cheese
  • coming home to letters or packages in my mailbox
  • being woken up in the middle of the night to my husband pulling me toward him
  • the smoky smell of a woodburing stove
  • Aidan's two pudgy arms that are just big enough to wrap around my neck when i ask for a hug or a sweet kiss complete with an "mmmm" sound preceding every one without fail.
  • easy conversation with an old friend
  • beautiful things that make me speechless
  • feeling stirred from inspiration
  • being on the same page
  • an answered prayer or a piece of advice that sets you free
  • taylor swift's new cd
  • the knowledge that my loved ones are safe
  • that my Mom ever gave me a chance to rectify my selfish teenage behavior and inso doing has become my best friend in the process...and allows me to call her a ridiculous amount of times every week, even daily...=-)
  • the way my name sounds when Zane says it, like nobody has ever said it before
  • anticipation
  • fellow closet britney spears fans that come out of their closet
  • finding that perfect gift for somebody
  • that i can be that person who is there for you when something goes wrong
  • seeing results from natural solutions to help rebuild my immune system
  • the freedom to dream and to fantasize, and being taken places by these thoughts, even if they never transform into reality. like my most recent of raising kids in big wild alaska someday.
  • the irony of a recent fortune cookie fortune
  • a good book that pulls you to it anytime you have a free minute to spare
  • to be continued...

3 comments:

  1. I love this posting from you...all your thoughts and appreciations. It's nice to get it down on "paper" and then to go over it now a again. Thanks for sharing what youre thinking and thankful for...gives me a chance to look into your mind a little, lovingly, your mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me smile. Love this list! Lately I have been doing the same thing except at the moment they are all separately on sticky notes in random places....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anna for the added NEW post..it made my day and I appreciate that you appreciate me. Sometimes a person doesn't really know it in the day to day life...I in the written word, I can actually see your thots. Love you much...

    ReplyDelete