11.17.2008

magic words



phone call from zane: "please come downstairs immediately." click. me to myself: "hmmm...all righty then..." it seemed very strange but i obeyed like a good wife=-) and i was rewarded with these beautiful things sitting in my driveway... a norfolk pine and a pointsettia arrangement designed by my husband himself. i cried. the most beautiful part of it all was that earlier that very day i'd gone thru our holiday box and gotten rid of everything except for two strings of lights and some christmas cd's i could listen to alone in my car. and i hadn't just set it aside to get rid of later, i'd actually given it away to someone else already... and that very day zane came home with these thoughtful treasures for me. i adore that we both had the same thought process and acted on it at the same time, both making an effort to make each other happy.

5 comments:

  1. I like your LIVE plants...the 'pine' tree and and poinsettia....sweet of Zane to try to help you feel a little more Christmasy even though it's not his thing....thats what I call compromise...both of you thinking of the other...so important to keeping a marriage strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh he is such a sweetheart! What a babe, guess that makes all the hard feelings go away, about the whole Christmas thing. Good way to meet in the middle!! Love you both heaps!!! Miss ya moreeeee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you!!! hope your doing good! i love this blog hopping!! it keeps me in touch with alot of people! how have you guys been??

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO. wierd. I know. I've totally staulked your blog before; yes, via Ash's and yes...I was looking at it last night :) crazy huh?! I do remember now heather telling me about you :) She loves you and your sister & says only wonderful things :) I got the chance to hang out with them that weekend. Then, my parents came over Christmas a year ago, and I took them to the beach so we stopped by Heather & Jesus' with ice cream...which was perfect for their hot hot unbarely hot days in Guerrero(the hottest!state in the area)She has only written me once since they moved back to AZ, but I have been in her parents meeting twice and have gotten good updates :)

    I also want you to know...I really appreciated reading about the "growth" that is happening in your and Zane's lives :) It makes me happy.

    Ohhh, do soak up some sun for me...as miserable as that might be in nov ;)

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read this post it just melted my heart. I'm so..so...glad. Love you always!

    ReplyDelete