2.18.2009

the little things

isn't it funny how a silly little moment can carry you thru your day. like holding hands with my husband during the morning commute to work, zane bringing my hand to his mouth for a kiss, me looking to my right to see a truck driver watching us, delivering us a wink and smile... hearing george strait singing the words, 'let's go rollin' on the river of love' in the background like it's a movie instead of just a typical tuesday morning... or driving up I-95 belting out 'i told you so' by carrie underwood like my life depended on it... 'fighting' over the radio buttons so zane can't change the station because he doesn't think i'm the next celine dion like i do...until he finally gives in and we do a truly terrible duet together... not even finishing because we're laughing so hard... or opening a piece of mail from the state of florida... seeing your brand new drivers license flipped horizontally... never to be vertical again... feeling probably the last rise of excitement caused by getting older. actually i hope thats not true. i hope that i continue to embrace getting older knowing in return i get to feel more comfortable with my true self. that got a little off topic but anyway, basically i appreciate these little things that remind me there is difference between just living and feeling alive.

3 comments:

  1. Feeling alive is just so incredible. I can certainly vouch for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, I had to come back and read it again...you two just make me smile. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go...always appreciate the little things...so when life gets too, too busy and you have to just stop, you'll have so much to ponder about, because you took time to "remember the little things"...

    ReplyDelete