2.18.2009

Did You Know?

This is the gondola that was to whisk us away to the other side of the lake...
This is the beautiful view from Shugrue's where we shared our first real date.
The was the location we reserved to be lawfully wedded. (In the gazebo!)


Some fun facts. We were originally to be married in Ocotber 2006 in Lake Havasu City. We had our room reserved (see above) at Agave Inn, now known as Heat Hotel & Bar. So of course we didn't go thru with all this as planned. We decided to get married in August and in Washington so that more of our immediate family from both sides could share in our special day, and we wouldn't have had it any other way. Sooo that said, maybe you can understand our excitement to first and foremost visit my Mom and Dad and my siblings, but also to be able to revisit a place that has deep meaning to our beginnings as Mr. & Mrs. We even took our wedding photos here in Lake Havasu because our photographer wouldn't give us our deposit back... so therefore we broke all the rules and saw each other weeks before our actual wedding date fully clothed as bride and groom, at five in the morning no less... as it's well above 100 degrees already in the middle of July in this desert oasis -yes even that early...lol, these memories are priceless! Only 13-days to go...

5 comments:

  1. Yes... I did know actually :) I think I still have the catalog that I was supposed to order my dress from :). It is so fun to see pictures and be reminded again! So much fun that you both get to go back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are such vivid, special memories and yet we get to see these views on a daily basis. Still love it here. Really looking forward to you coming. Can't wait. We're gonna have to "cram" a whole bunch in when you're here because your time here is going to go entirely too fast, I'm 'afeared'...... :-( If you could be 2 whole weeks I could relax a little, but knowing it's just under a week, I'm worried it won't be long enough! Thanks for the memories and the reminiscing! took me down "memory lane" for a bit there! Love you, mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know all that - so fun to. :) Thanks for your letter and picture! We love to hear from you. I'm trying to convince Dennis that Zane is the best name for our son - I really like it - so when we got your letter, it was a boost for my cause. :) That hotel room looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete