2.25.2009

the road (not) less travelled

So I found a recent article in a Floridian magazine highlighting some songs that mention the road we live off of -A1A... tho it's not just 'our' road, we share about 329-miles of this road between Georgia and the Florida keys. Just found this entertaining.

Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
"...Yo so I continued to A1A Beachfront Avenue
Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis
Rockman lovers driving Lamborghinis
Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine..."

Outta Here by Kenny Chesney
"...There ain't no time like the present they say,
Lets cruise all the way down A1A,
Put the top down and catch a few rays
Baby we'll be outta here..."

Trying to Reason With Hurricane Season by Jimmy Buffet
"...There's somethin' about this Sunday
It's a most peculiar gray
Strollin' down the avenue that's known as A1A
Feelin' tired, then I got inspired
I knew that it wouldn't last long
So all alone I walked back home
Sat on my beach and then I made up this song..."

1 comment:

  1. As soon as you mentioned songs and A1A that whole stanza of Ice, Ice, Baby came rushing uncontrollably out of me!! Kind of unfortunate that I know WAY too much of that song! :) But fun to now know what he meant by A1A.

    ReplyDelete