6.18.2010

He'll do anything to make me laugh

one reason that i love my husband dearly is the amount of time we spend laughing together. 
case in point: the other day at the pool. 
this is the scene: i'm on a lounge chair sunning myself- half-heartedly reading my book- people watching thru my shades- dipping my feet in the pool every few minutes to keep from feeling like a fried egg- mostly just killing time until zane gets off work & trying to get skin cancer.  i am a pretty skilled multi-tasker after all. 
zane finally grants me with his presence & i'm practically wilting from the heat at this point.  (my impatience is kicked into high gear when it comes to being in the hot sun by myself.  i think the art of sun-tanning requires a very large amount of self-discipline. i really do.) 
ANYHOO. i immediately jump into begging zane to take a dip in the pool with me.  i'd been thinking about how i'd convince him to do this for the past hour.  
he says: "no way hosea" & gave some lame excuse about being in his work jeans or something, i donno... 
but i was not deterred.  besides i had the advantage of the sun beating down on my husband who is getting hotter by the second as he is of course overdressed for sunbathing. 

so finally he asks, "whhhhhy in the world would i jump in the pool with you in my blue jeans?"

i said: "because it would make us giggle. duuuuh."

guess what?

we jumped.  & giggle we did. 

2 comments:

  1. ha ha...this made me laugh and made my day...thanks for sharing your fun moment with me...and I bet he could honestly say how refreshing it was after all...and you too! Those kinds of moments are "kodak" moments that you'll remember for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I so wish I could have videotaped or taken a picture of this! :) Haha. sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete