7.13.2010

session #12 with Ms. J

Had. thee. most. wonderful. session. with. Julian. (our counselor) today.

I left feeling like i could skip from cloud to cloud.

She always knows just exactly what to say to make me release whatever heavy burden i'm carrying around unnecessarily.

She always fairly calls me out when i'm letting my ego dictate my life.  like when i want to defend my self to so & so for being a nasty person. or when i want say, "hey, you're a meanie! please get out of my life. liiiike forever preferably." she tells me other things i can say instead that are more diplomatic but still allow me to be true to me.  she reminds me that only i allow someone else to take away my peace & serenity. & only i can give someone else the power to hurt me. 

she always validates the way i feel, she just saves me from stooping to their level.

& she also reminds me to be thankful for the process.  & that this process of struggling isn't a bad place to be.  it's actually the right place for me to be until i move on & get to the next place i'm supposed to be. 

if only i could keep her in my pocket for the times that i forget. 

it's just so darn refreshing to talk with her- i could just squeeze her.

on a side-note, she just gave up her two computers.  one from her office at home in florida & one from her NY office because she didn't like what they were adding to her life.  i think that's awesome.  she actually lives what she teaches me- to let go of whatever isn't helping to shape you into the person you are trying to be.

& then she said she thought it was cool that i was bringing the "hip seattle" part of me to florida by hosting a clothing swap this past weekend.  made me laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this on paper (your BLOG rather)...just sums up our telephone conversation from this morning.

    Wish I could of been in on your clothes swap...I love those things. I just have to go to my sister's (Martine) and get all the clothes I need for a year or two...she's so generous and thats when I love that she's a clothes hoarder and clutter-bug...because I get to be one of the beneficiaries. (Martine...if you read this I love you...hope to see you in October). Love you too Anna:-)

    ReplyDelete