12.19.2008

roller-coasters and wet rides oh my!

the wet one...
this was me pouting before every entrance to a roller-coaster...
so this rollercoaster was called 'dueling dragons' because two rollercoasters wind thru tracks at the same time (at one-point you're only like 15-feet apart), and i have to say this was probably the best rollercoaster i've ever been on... one really cool thing was that your feet dangle free... very fun=-) BUUT... the last time we rode this one there was some kind of technical difficulty and the other rollercoaster didn't go in time so we went up the ramp in like 'slow-mo'...and let me just say, the anticiapation was excrutiating!!!! you're going up this like 75-degree angle one click at a time...click.click.click.... it took like five whole minutes to climb to the top...meanwhile zane is totally enjoying the view as things start appearing smaller and smaller... and he's like, "oh hey babe, check it out, there is a nursery over there...check out all the plants!" this is me: " zane: don't talk to me right now, i REALLY need the scary part to get over before you have a conversation with me!!!!" lol, omigosh i was freaking out. somebody behind us said it best when we were done. he said: "i donno which was worse, going up or coming down." ay yi yi... it was crazy!
there were a few lines like this...=-)
so riding the hulk rollercoaster once we enough for me, but my adrenaline-junky-hubby had to ride it again -this time in the front row... he is on the far right-hand side... too bad i couldn't zoom fast enough...let me just explain that when you're about a third of the way up the ramp (heart-pounding out my chest i might add...) and you're 'in the zone' mentally preparing yourself for whatever is to come... it all the sudden takes off like it's been supercharged with Nos totally catching you off guard as it hurls you (UPhill people!) at like a bajillion miles an hour... it was sooo scary.

us posing happy, dry and ignorant...

i told zane that this water ride wouldn't get us that wet... thinking we could just 'duck' when we went down the 'falls'... whoops... i thought so very very wrong... we couldn't have been wetter had we taken a shower in our clothes... these pictures don't do justice to our wetness, we literally had to wring out our clothes...

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Ok, I just got a flash from the past...I've been on the 'dueling dragons' it's sooooo fun!!! What a awesome feeling huh...you totally think your gonna crash!! It's great!!! I'm loving the 'Zane: don't talk to me right now...I really need the scary part to get over with, before you have a conversation with me"...HA! Too funny!! He would be the one to be checking out all the nursery's and plants...he's such a wonderful, cute nerd!! =) I love the water ride photos too, they are the best!! I totally know what you mean..by 'never thinking your going to get wet'...and then you come out soaking wet!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah... brave! This makes me realize I definitely need to go to an amusement park again. Thanks for re-enacting the story for us. :) priceless. Love you!

    ReplyDelete