6.20.2009

early bird gets the satisfaction

i am not an early bird. so this post is less about a picture, and more about the fact that it was taken at 5:45 AM. i was up to catch a glimpse of the shuttle launch that i didn't know had been cancelled the evening before. once your up it's hard to not to be in love with the quiet - the calm - that comes hand-in-hand with this hour of the day. it feels like you & the aroma rising from the cup of coffee in your hand are the only things that exist for a moment.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I know, it's amazing. I've been trying to get up a few mornings around 6..and it's still pitch black then, it's beautiful and quiet. Something about that time in the morning......

    ReplyDelete
  2. WORD!!! getting up early isn't my deal either. But I can definitely relate to enjoying the serenity that the morning brings...after I've had coffee of course ;)

    ReplyDelete