6.27.2009

sweet sweet saturday

i have been meaning to blog about last saturday for awhile now (ok- well a week to be exact as of today). but time seems to have runaway on me. so this is about last saturday. it was one of those days. one of those unexpectedly wonderful-thank-all-that-is-divine-kind of days.

"i don't need you today baby." these are precious words from larry my boss. typically i might have proceeded to waste my freedom away doing nothing. absolutely, miraculously, nothing. of course, it's always hidden under the pretext of "relaxing." but then i quickly feel shameful at the close of my day for being a failure- knowing fully i could've accomplished so many things that will only haunt me all the more tomorrow. but this day wasn't going to be like those days.

it was an excellent day...
-to plan a dinner menu for the week.
-to take the time to double-check my assortment of spices & vitamins before going to the store & buying double. again. (& i'm glad i did too- or i would've had 3-jars of g. ginger).
-to organize my grocery list into sections (produce/dairy/etc).
-to look thru the coupon book (why is my logic always that: "i'm too busy to save money?!") & may i tell you... i saved $60!
-to have a "betty-home-maker" moment & bake cookies for the "Fathers" at my sunday morning meeting. & use my kitchen-aid mixer (that i never use!) which we got for our wedding... which brings a sweet smile to my lips that might not have found itself there had i not made time to bake cookies.
-to walk to town & browse pegasus- the local bookstore.
-to notice the air buzzing with bugs that sound like maraca's.
-to take a cat-nap in our hammock.
-to notice the warm breeze that wraps around me like a blanket.
-to be ok with being slow. to take a sunday drive on a saturday. driving behind someone doing 5 mph under the speed limit & thinking thoughts like: "this has no power over me today."

i vow to make an example of this saturday. the bar is now set high.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great feeling to not feel like you've wasted a day off. :) I have to admit I was taken aback that you saved $60 with coupons!! That's awesome...I too often take the same ironic thought process of--I'm too busy to save money. Silly :P.
    Anyway. An excellent day indeed.

    ReplyDelete