6.20.2009

outdoor livin

i do NOT know what these are- they look like grasshoppers on steroids & they're way too common for my personal comfort. this dude was even bigger in person too. tupac has joined us. he insisted on this.

my evie.
this picture fascinates me- i seriously hope that little one is getting a piggy-back ride vs. the other mating option which means more of these horrifying creatures will exist.

it might not look like it, but this is his excited face. he spotted a helicopter=)
i love the kid jumping in mid-air behind us.
aidan is a very cautious little man- so this is HUGE to be out here together like this. last time he clung to the rock wall & wouldn't come near the water.
i would say it's "sunny season" but the sunshine is surprisingly annoying in it's persistence in pretty much every season here in florida (at least for a seattle girl anyway). anyway it is hot, that much is unique for this season. i wasn't prepared to take the kids to the beach yesterday but the water just seduced me clothes & all. it was like luke-warm bath water. (not as common as you'd hope in a tropical location) & to top it off there was a pod of dolphins probably less then 100-feet out from us. i like to think that i was swimming with dolphins. i'm feeling giddy just remembering- it was as perfect as a summer day can get.

3 comments:

  1. Wow those are intense grasshopper things. Speaking of bugs a was cleaning the bathroom at the shop today and there was a really big spider and I had to as Jerry (my boss) to come kill it for me. I felt so stupid. So those things jump? Cuz that would be scary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey- I am just going to pass over talking about the ginormous bug thing. Ew. It looks grossly disgusting..gives me the shivers. HAH I totally cracked up at the pic of Aidan and his bandana. Haha. :) ah..kids are the cutest. love love love the pic of the grass and the red flowers and the use stairs sign.. don't really know exactly why. It just strikes me as beautiful.
    Ah your summer day looks and sounds incredible The ocean here is FREEZING, so the luke-warmness sounds AMAZING!! And I am soo jealous of the dolphins being w/in a 100 feet! I have never seen dolphins..so that sounds absolutely dream-like to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that pic of them on top of each other much better when its blown up :)

    ReplyDelete