7.01.2009

counting

calories. not my favorite thing to count. but my body & scale are telling me otherwise... i've made a pact with myself to keep a food journal. which i have put into practice faithfully for 3-days now. it's been eye-opening to see the amount of times my brain has told me i want a snack- realizing how much i have been just mindlessly eating. i'm tasting a bit of patience & tho it's not as tasty as chocolate m&m's... i am learning that: what doesn't seem like enough, is turning out to be plenty... if i'm just willing to wait a little bit longer before reaching for something else. i'm also learning about options. double fiber wheat bread instead of crusty italian. bran flakes instead of frosted flakes. crystal light cranberry lemonade instead of ocean spray cranberry apple juice. it's good for me to literally not feed all of the desires that rise within me. to deny myself. there are obviously worse things to allow into my body then food- but sometimes even tho something isn't "bad"- it also isn't good either. it's just baby steps right now- but these are good thoughts for me to keep close & apply.

5 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of doing a food journal lately too! Haven't actually started though, so you are one step ahead of me! Just wanted you to know that I always love reading your blog and often I can relate to many of the feelings you put into words here for us to read!! :)Also if you are interested (though it's a little harder and can be time consuming) there is a web site I've used several times (such as after both babies!) that does some cool stuff with your food intake/breaks it down etc called fitday.com). Maybe I'll go back to it for a while... Sort of helps put things in perspective a little better for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh my word, I'm totally doing the same thing! ha! Great minds think alike...it's crazy how much we eat a day .. hey! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wh-hooo! Good start!! Baby steps are the way to go. The journal thing really helps you see everything doesn't it.
    Reading this is inspiring for me :)...I need to adopt this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! I know snacking is a big downfall of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think keeping a food journal would be like writing down everything I spend money on. I just don't want to know. I've been following an exercise plan and not drinking pop so I hope that'll be enough. Stay determined though. You can beat this eating thing!!

    ReplyDelete