7.25.2009

hilton head island, sc



zane totally told me to take off my skirt (i had shorts on underneath) b/c he was afraid it would get caught... which it did. & i had to stop & this beach-goer had to rescue me b/c zane didn't know i'd stopped. & i totally had to tell him he'd been right when i caught up to him skirt-less. =)













biking around the island- it was paradise to feel the wind in my hair- something i have just been craving. we stumbled onto this cool park & proceeded to make out like teenagers. hey- we're entitled- it's our anniversary & nobody saw us (Mom!) we made important stops for things like new shades (see above) & raspberry lemonade italian ices - (to die for) & of course to feel the atlantic ocean- (it was 85-degrees!!!!) too bad it didn't get past my knee's before zane spotted a sting-ray ...then i chickened out... it was one of those days where you fall into bed exhausted for all the right reasons & it feels sooo good to feel zapped because you've ridden beneath the sunshine all day. our largest problem in 48-hours was that we only had a disposable camera. really hard to complain.

5 comments:

  1. looks like you had an awesome time!
    it makes my day to see you wearing a certain skirt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time! I like your skirt - the second I saw it, I was ohhhh thats laura's old skirt which is ironic because I just saw her yesterday! Anyways glad you had fun...and very nice moonshades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time! It's funny because as I was looking at the pictures I too thought "wow, that's such a cool skirt" and then I look at the comments and I'm the third in line to admire your attire! Your skirt getting caught in the bike is totally worth that picture though! It always looks so cool when girls ride bikes with a skirt. Happy anniversary- glad you guys keep it fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. bicycling!! For some reason these pics don't match the word biking..I'm weird. Anyway. This looks so fun! does it make you feel like big kids? Not to be a broken record or anything but LOVE the skirt...and I'm glad laura commented b/c now it totally makes sense why it looks oddly familiar. Rasp. lemonade italian ices---sorry I missed that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love all the bicycling pictures...they just look so fresh and care-free and yes, even with the one of you in a skirt...but, probably NOT the wisest thing since it was long an flowy and did get caught...O'well, cool pictures anyway, and I do love that skirt and it does bring back some fun memories...it just looked soooo natural you sitting up on that post thing in that skirt and your sunglasses, etc. Love the pictures...

    ReplyDelete