7.25.2009

last night

the clouds looked like they'd been whipped into a frenzy by a blender. like mashed potatoes. the sun setting- lighting up the earth like a pink lightbulb hanging from the sky- giving everything that warm rosy glow. driving over the bridge, knowing this is not just your average sunset. feeling elevated into this magic sky, my heart feeling bigger. lucky to be alive in this moment, in this exact place. wish i had my camera.

love the conversations that are like a reset button for my head. like the state of mind after a vacation & you feel like you can take on the world again. sometimes it starts out hard because they come from such a deep place. it takes awhile to pull it all the way out. it's raw. rough around the edges. but then it's out- hanging heavy in the air. & you can either take a step backward or a step forward. & when it's the latter- it's a breath of fresh air.

1 comment:

  1. Ah. Clouds like mashed potatoes. And sunsets like pink light bulbs.. I can see them already. However not as good as experiencing them. As of late with our hot weather and all..we've been having thee most gorgeous sunsets. Weird how Hot weather+Smog+high pressure in the atmosphere gives you better sunsets. I suppose it all makes sense scientifically but it's not my area of expertise.. I should discuss it with my brother-in-law..ha ha. I'm sure it would go over my head. ANYWAY back off of that tangent (sorry) Nodding about the conversations that are like reset buttons--difficult but great once you crack through it all. Glad the step was forward. Love you.

    ReplyDelete