9.21.2009

today...

i discovered that: i won't be working for dr. C - he wanted to keep my resume tho so that when his wife delivers, they can use me as a nanny. umm, thanks, but no thanks. i wasn't applying to be your nanny!

i discovered that my mom & dad will officially be known as "grammy & papa" when zane & i produce a child at some point. & i LOVE it.  i have always been so intrigued by what kids call their grandparents, and how that gets decided- & it turns out, it just comes to them randomly, and then they tell you. brillant.

i discovered why i like i like night yoga more then mid-day yoga... my thought process went something like this when i was trying to decide whether i would go to the 11:30 class today: i should go, i want to go... but my to-do list is really big, and i will probably be too distracted to concentrate & i'll just want to rush thru the class... then i started listening to myself.  umm... raise your hand if you thought yoga was supposed to help you empty your mind & help you be present in the moment?!  apparently i need major help!

i discovered that i'm super proud of my sister for sticking up for herself and being able to perceive a pattern that wasn't going to end, and putting a stop to it- therefore taking steps toward a healthy (& happier!) future. 

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that how life is sometimes... Just a bunch of discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) Your cute chick, and I love your posts, they make me smile! =)

    Sorry the job didn't work out for you...guess they'll never know what they are missing! Odd that they wanted to hire you as a nanny...since you were 'totally' not applying for that job. Ummmm. Anyways another one will come...I'm sure! =) Think positive!

    And I'm with you....I've always wondered what our kids will call their grandparents...guess I've got a while to think about that though =)

    Keep up the yoga, I'm jealous! There is no classes close to us...believe it (in Sydney)...and the only times I can find at the studios near me are like 11:30 & 3:30...and really those times don't work for me..I wish, but nope! So anyways, I'll keep looking! =) Love ya babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a bum deal about the job...but remember, when one door closes another one opens...and it wasn't like "wow" this is the job of a life-time....but it would have been a job and I was hoping you'd get it...but not 9 months from now as a nanny! grrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm raising my hand. Just thought you should know. Can I come make discoveries with you? I sure miss you a ton.

    ReplyDelete