9.11.2009

Z & A's thoughts on 9/11

Have been thinking about 9/11 on & off all day today. I have been enjoying reading what other people are thinking too. On the way home from supper tho I found myself thinking about it again when Zane asked me if I knew what today was. (Zane & I hadn't discussed it yet.) I said: "9/11" knowing what he was referring to. And then he asked me if i knew how long ago it had been. I said: "8-years." He said: "Can you believe that?" I said: "No."

So as I was musing over this, I thought so what are my collective thoughts on the day, what do i think about when i think about 9/11. And i have concluded that it's two-part. a). i think about all the pain associated with this day for those who lost someone they loved. & b). i think about the gratitude i feel for those who helped personally defend the freedom we have in this country & how much pride i feel in the resulting unity we have as American's.

Then I asked Zane where his thoughts take him when he thinks about this day, and he said he thinks about: "how quickly we changed from a divided country into a united country, and then how fast we changed again into a divided country. and how as American's we have failed to remember why we united for one common goal. people seem to remember the event, but they do not remember to come together for one common goal, that goal more or less remembering that: freedom comes at a cost."

so to sum it up: thank you for those who have chosen to pay the cost to defend our country's freedom & for those who paid the cost without choosing, may you feel an extra portion of comfort & love today.

1 comment: