2.24.2010

02/16/2010

last tuesday i had my second counselling sesssion.  i got off work early so i parked at the canal down the street & sat in my car.  i spotted a tree that had a homemade sign that said "home of the holly hill gnomes" & underneath it had several little gnomes sitting on the ground.  the quirky factor amused me.

i people watched.  a middle-aged couple that had driven in separate cars met up & took a walk down the boat docks hand-in-hand. they looked so content with each others company. not because of any over the top public display of affection, it was just seen on their faces.  another odd couple hung out in their old pick-up & smoked together.  you never would have put these two together, but they were.  it looked like they had lived some tough lives perhaps & they had been there for each other.  that's what i imagined anyway. 

it was a chilly/need-your-jacket-type-day, but the sky was blue & the sun was shining.  i watched the movement of the water & the birds.  i wanted to talk to someone but i didn't have the energy to keep up a conversation so i struggled to be content with my own company.  it was not a fun 45-minutes.  

finally it was time for my session.  it reconfirmed that i really like her.  julian is this wonderful combination of vintage & new age which is so very me.  so it didn't come out of left field when she recommended that i read eckhart tolle's book called a new earth: awakening to your life's purpose.  i have thought about reading this book many times before. different people have talked to me about it & it had intrigued me when they talked about it with me, but i just never went ahead & got it.  but now, since i'm on this newfound journey to heal myself, i felt reinspired by her suggestion to read it.

1 comment:

  1. I bought the book...so I could read it..is that weird?
    I miss you. I feel like I'm a planet away from you.

    ReplyDelete