2.25.2010

last night

i finally called my mom last night.  i'd been kinda scared to let her see my frame of mind "in person", plus it takes every ounce of energy i have to talk on the phone these days. 

thanks mom, i loved talking to you last night. i hope you know i miss you too.  if it wasn't so important that i help contribute income, i would be on the next plane headed your way for some serious extended mother-daughter-family bonding time. 

& right after that phone call... i got one from anna.  i haven't talked to them in weeks either. i got to talk to anna first, then aidan, then evie. we talked for 45-minutes. it melted my heart. anna & mike spent the weekend in colorado for mikes 30th.  anna had never seen mountains or skiied before. she said they were majestic & she gets our love affair with them now.  aidan turned three yesterday. he said "nena come my house." evie is growing up so much & she sounds so happy with all her friends, and her bestest friend ever, summer, and her community lake/pool/soccer field where she is "like the best fisher ever in her whole family." she caught catfish as big as her t.v.  and she can't wait for alice in wonderland. at first she didn't think it was a kids movie because the mad hatter was "so creepy" but then she figured out it was, and now she is so excited.   gracie the cat disappeared for two weeks- that was tramatic. she got a hamster because she gave her dad $25. i asked if she had seen g-force? (a disney flick about hamsters) she said: "no- shes over it- it looked too boring."

gosh i miss them too.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious hearing "from the mouths of babes"...I miss hearing those little tales you've shared with me about the kids. They really sound like they are growing up...wow!!!
    Thank you soooooo much for calling, it really did my heart good to hear from you...I know it was hard...but two weeks is a long time to not talk to my DDF, you know! But as you heal and work on your "road to recovery" it will come, and Iam being patient in the meantime...but as you know, I am here for you, so feel free to call me anytime. I love you lots. I'm sad your "more funnies" didn't show up...don't know if its just my computer or if they actually didn't work??? I miss you and keep on keeping on...its hard, I know, but you'll be so much better for it in the long run. Take care, my dear.

    ReplyDelete