2.24.2010

about the book

so i went immediately to the bookstore after our session & picked up a copy. i'm only 40-something pages in, but i'm purposely trying to read it slowly & soak in the message intended by the author. ignoring the parts about evolution & the earth being 300 milion bazillion years old. 

i take it everywhere with me so that if i ever have a few minutes of time by myself or i feel like my head can focus on the material in that particular moment, that i won't miss the opportunity. but it makes me feel weird- to carry around the book everywhere with me i mean. like i'm trying to project a certain image about myself onto other people when they see me + the book. (not that it would work. i'm just saying....i feel weird). maybe i just read too many celebrity gossip magazines with all the dozens of pictures of "convenient" photo ops. like say, madonna being photographed with her kabbalah books or something for example. obviously i think too much.

anyway i like the thoughts this book fills my head with when i read it. it's emphasis is on the human ego & how basically when we start to think more spiritually that the pressure of material things & labels begins to fade away. and when we begin to recognize the difference between the spiritual side of us & the voice inside our heads that is ego-based in not only ourselves, but in others also.... that our feathers would get ruffled a lot less. that is over simplifying the concept of the book, but you get the idea anyway. and it shouldn't seem like something new or brilliant to a girl who grew up going to meeting. but at this point in my life i kinda feel like i'm starting over. so simple repetitive concepts are o.k. with me.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on this one. Admitting there are issues and then hanging them out for all to see is hard! When I was reading a book about our parenting situation I had people telling me our problem didn't even exist! But I can say that this is what I'm learning. The problem is admitting we have a problem and DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT!!! When you hang it out there for the world to see, then the world has a responsibility to support you in that. Do "they" often take that responsibility? No. Do we have the right to demand that they do? Yes, I think we do! And when we all start helping each other, compassion will grow, understanding will grow and healing will begin!

    ReplyDelete