4.16.2010

change of plan

took an improptu trip down to ikea last night. 

our schedules don't align often & i have a serious itch to make our space more "homey" so off we went!

all thoughts/direction/inspiration/colors stemmed from the sam toft print i blogged about early in the week.

that was until zane was drawn to this piece. (see above)

i was so surprised that he had such a strong reaction to a piece of art.  usually that's me.  but there he was "ooohing & ahhing" over this particular canvas. 

it took me a minute to shift all my thoughts from one piece to the next.  but i was so struck by zane's instantaneous excited reaction.  he is not excitable & here he was toally excited. over art!

plus combine all that with the fact that this ginormous piece (6.5 ft. x 4.5 ft - definitely not going to fit in our economy car) was conveniently packaged into a long skinny cardboard box with a DIY frame you put together at home. 

obviously we couldn't just walk away.

so now this is the new center piece & inspiration to The Rathbun Living Room Project.

an interesting delightful turn of events. & i haven't written off sam toft.  the whimsical Mustards might make an appearance yet in our next project.  =)


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the beautiful picture. I like it. It should make you feel like a misty, rainy day so you can "cozy up" when you look at it...anyway, that's what I thought when I saw it. It's really a great picture though and I like it a lot. It's humongous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a picture Kent would like, but I have to admit, it makes me almost nauseous looking at it! Bridges, particularly rickety looking ones, and I do NOT get along! I'm sure you will make it work and it will be gorgeous! And I totally understand taking HIS excitement and running with it! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm very impressed with Roo's love for this art piece - I have to agree, it makes you feel relaxed and dreamy all at the same time!! Happy decorating! =) Love ya both!

    ReplyDelete