4.12.2010

Project Rathbun Living Room


i have been feeling uninspired.  not like myself.  i haven't had the energy or desire even, to decorate our apartment since we moved in december, almost 5 months ago now.

the only room i've really touched is our bedroom- our only real haven from the world. 

but i feel ready now. this is a new chapter.

i've settled on a print that will inspire the feel of the living room.  the artist is sam toft.  we have two of his prints in our bedroom & i really love them.  his characters are endearing to me: doris, ernest, horace & stripes.  they are a plump, sweet family.  so when i found this print, i knew it was perfect.

it was settled when i discovered the title: "home from home."  (& of course zane's seal of approval settled the matter as well).

i think "home from home" captures how we feel about florida nicely.

& it quite possibly could be the closest i ever come to having a retro-esque trailer in my life.  zane is not fond of them in the physical form.  he'd rather have a mick jagger type rockstar motorhome when it comes to recreational vehicles.  

3 comments:

  1. I like that. Home from home. Sounds perfect for you.Glad you're feelin some inspiration again. Gives me hope that someday it will hit me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that artist too. Someone around here had several of his prints, seems like I remember one of the two characters walking with their backs to you and one is holding an umbrella.
    Not only are the characters interesting, but I love the colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! that is one of the ones we have above our bed!!! of course i was drawn to the umbrellas... & the colors are very nice, i agree=) colorful but not in your face. "creamy" is coming to mind.

    ReplyDelete