4.21.2010

just some travis tritt philosophy

And it's a goofy thing but I just gotta say/Hey I'm doing alright/Yeah I think I'll make me some homemade soup /Feelin pretty good and that's the truth/It's neither drink nor drug induced/No I'm just doin alright/And it's a great day to be alive/I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes/There's some hard times in the neigborhood/But why can't every day be just this good?
woke up- put on my running shoes- ran 1.6 miles- (my first run in months) it felt so good- my 4th cigarette free day- feelin' free - came home to see my family snuggled under the covers- makes my heart smile- sat down on the floor beside our bed with junebug & read an inspiring email from a worker in s. africa- knowing these thoughts will stay with me thru-out my day, knowing that i need them to stay with me- one certain verse running over & over in my mind that he quoted- loving the effect it's having on me- thankful for a feeling of refreshment & peace & newness. 

1 comment:

  1. You go girl...happy you're hangin' in there and doing better everyday. Of course, they will not all be good, because thats not reality, however, just remember, it's just baby steps...everyday, take a little step and keep going. Steve said he got a "general" e-mail yesterday...usually you include me, but not this time :-( Even if it's not new news I still like to hear. Glad the meds are working and don't be afraid to take a "happy pill" if thats what works. Someday, people that don't have any understanding, whatsoever of depression, they may understand and if not, well, it doesn't matter. They're the ones who have to live with the finger-pointing and "better than thou" attitude. As long as it works for you, oh well to those that have NO understanding! Let them stand before God and answer to him one day.

    ReplyDelete