4.23.2010

it's official!

when i got to work this morning, i checked my email & bank account like i usually do on paycheck fridays.  i noticed that our check for johnny & junebug finally went thru after 3 weeks.  they had told us that they would hold the check for a few weeks before cashing it so it would give us a chance to really decide if the dogs were going to work in our home, etc.  & tho we'd more than settled that they'd stay permanently with us... i can't explain it, but it just made my heart smile to see the check posted.  made it somehow more final & secure.  they really belong to us now!

last night i had a good cry.  i was in bed & johnny was out on the couch in the living room- whining.  maybe because he couldn't get down.  maybe cos he heard me crying, i really don't know.  he whines alot.  so i figured we might as well cry together.  i went & picked him up off the couch & took him to bed with me & i cried into his hairy back.  & he just let me stay there & rest my head on him.  i fell asleep with him in my arms & zane snuggled up behind me with junebug curled up between his legs burrowed under the covers.  her favorite spot.     

i can't picture our life without these two.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I don't know what you were crying about but it's always nice to have someone to cry with especially if they're cryin' too:-)I feel that way about dad...he's not a cryer but what will he ever do if something happens to Jack, especially since he's turning 13 he's no young whipper snapper and dad really loves that old boy and loves his licks and kisses and snuggles. I guess a person survives but I told him NO MORE dogs when Jack is gone. It's gonna be hard on him, as it will be on you if something happens to your little friends.

    ReplyDelete