4.12.2010

The Last Song

My co-worker Amy & i had been trying to go see this Nicholas Sparks movie starring Miley Cyrus.  Well really, we'd been trying to see Dear John, another N.S. movie, but that came & went thru theaters before we could line up our schedules.  So we were trying to see this flick instead.  I was dragging my feet a bit, i'll admit.  I'm not a huge Miley fan & she'd gotten horrible reviews to boot. Plus I hadn't read the book yet.  I usually read Nicholas Sparks books before they come to the big screen.  But i'd made the discovery that after reading 7 of his novels, i'm just not a fan of his books.  He is the exception to the rule, for me anyway.   I think his films are better than his writing.  I have never cried in any of the 7 books.  I just don't get emotionally invested like i do when i watch his work translated to film. 

Anyway an improptu plan fell together to go the theater after our shifts on saturday night. 

It was a beautiful movie... it really was.   On a sidenote, I sobbed.  If i'd been alone, it would have been audible. 

It was filmed on Tybee Island in Georgia- only 20 minutes from Savannah & the surrounding area. Zane & I actually were in Savannah when they were filming last June.  (just a little fun fact). The way they embodied the charm of southern beach towns is amazing.  the beautiful imagery made me fall a little deeper in love with the south, it's true.  The house they used is described as being a character of it's own & i couldn't agree more.  it even has a name: "Andy's Cottage."  Wikipedia also told me that Miley Cyrus learned to play classical piano for the film.  Gotta give her serious props for that.  

So when Ash comes to see me at the end of the month, we're going to take a road trip & explore tybee island.  see the light house & the beautiful beaches.  maybe some plantations in the area.   & of course we'll see savannah too.  there is a vintage boutique in the movie called Terra Cotta that i'm dying to get to. 

I am beyond excited for some long over due girl time & adventure.

 

1 comment:

  1. aw fun facts. Love the music video. almost takes me back to that teary feeling I had alll the way thru the crazy movie. :) SOO excited!! LOVE YOU babe.

    ReplyDelete