5.22.2009

feeling blue.

i have this weird problem. i get vacation days & i panic. before they arrive i feel excited so i'm not totally crazy, but i force myself not to think about them so i feel more focused. & i must do too good of a job because once they come i just freeze & i don't know what to do with myself. life is all about what you do with plan b. i know that. but when plan a fell thru my brain refused to cooperate. you know how you can wish so hard to feel a certain way- even pray- you know the way you are feeling presently is not edifying to you or anyone else- but no matter how many happy thoughts you set your mind on- you can't shake the blues. & sooo here i sit & feel sorry for myself because i'm wasting my precious 'me-time' not knowing how to most wisely spend my time & panicing that when tuesday rolls around i'll feel like i haven't rested at all or re-energized my soul. it's just a really awful feeling. this morning i woke up in such a funk. i got to sleep in- i should've felt bliss. peace. high on life. but i'm not. i haven't felt like this in awhile. i think maybe it's because when i work i have something to focus on & i just throw myself into that- but when i'm just at home thinking about how much empty time i have on my hands my brain goes to places that i didn't have time to go before. so here i am feeling funky. & not a good funky. for the first time in a long time i feel like i'm having to search out the good in my day. & thankfully i'm still finding it. i just don't like how icky it makes me feel to have to dig. have i mentioned how much i HATE this feeling. it brings me straight back to a time in my life where this feeling was normal & when it left it was supposed to never come back. but here it is, uninvited, hanging over me like my own personal rain cloud. anyway it can't rain forever. i have been feeling some sunshine peek thru & warm my heart when i think about how lucky i am to have the people that i have in my life. people that choose to love me. people that don't have to love me- but they do. i am thankful for you today.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh sweet I wish I was there to give you a HUGE hug, cause I totally would. Then take you out to coffee and list all the things we are thankful for! =) I know how ya feel, it's really easy to get down in the dumps and totally hard to get back out! Hope your day gets better, and the sun shines on you!!! Enjoy the time off, and remember you totally deserve it!!! Hugs babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think I've got the same issue. Terrible terrible feeling that just doesn't leave...Some days it is almost as if the more you KNOW that you should react differently, the more you just CANT shake it. The feeling of wasting time, especially when free time is rare is one of the most frustrating things. I was wishing friday I could somehow show up at your doorstep..and give you the biggest hug ever and tell you to your face I am thankful for YOU today too.

    ReplyDelete