5.14.2009

abandoning the sidelines

zane promised me he would come with me to this yoga class i want to try in downtown flagler. i may or may not have dropped the tiny tempting piece of info that the instructor is known to go around & rub everyone necks for a minute at the end of the class. that was all it took- he's totally sold. now i'm a happy girl off to purchase a yoga mat i hope to get much use out of.

this also came after he agreed to jog with me down to 17th (a mile loop i like). he totally copped out on me the night before because it was pouring rain. (so of course i did too- ugh - i'm soo not motivated - darn me). so i was psyched when my arm twisting the next night worked... even tho the sky look suspiciously dark. we ran along the sidewalk parallel to the ocean - the ocean was dark grey with lots of white foamy goodness. oh how i love this particular scene to be staring back at me.

there is this local magazine - natural awakenings which highlights local events that promote earthy healthy natural living & they do a weekly schedule of all the class schedules for every yoga center (& other such activities) within a 50-mile-radius. & my schedule is going to be a breeze this summer i think. lots of half days. no more excuses that classes don't fit into my schedule. PLUS get this, i got permission to bring aidan with me to 'mommy & me' type classes. how awesome is that. bring on the baby yoga!

3 comments:

  1. Luke and I are thinking about taking a yoga class fall quarter. Let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I wish I were there to take the yoga classes with you...that sounds like lots of fun. Yoga is a lot of work in some ways, but so good for you and you feel so good when you're done. If Aidan came with you to a class do they actually incorporate the kiddies into the exercise so they do it with you? Exercise takes so much effort but I really believe in it when you can do it...it's good for the mind, body and soul! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me! :) I've started back in my gym classes again.
    Did you get to hit a class yet? You'll have to let me know how it goes if you do AND if Z goes with you... I have yet to brave a yoga class but...someday :) I have tried dance--how difficult can a little yoga be right? :) hahah I have a feeling 'knock on wood' will be the appropriate cliche to use after saying that.

    ReplyDelete