5.08.2009

happy friday

warm, freshly baked muffins waiting for me at work this morning - 84-degrees-feels like 87 according to weather.com at 1:45 this lovely afternoon. zane on his way to spend the rest of the day & evening with me. the feeling of acceptance for events out of my control. support from one of my favorite people - making my brother laugh - not procrastinating - kisses from aidan - feeling aware of needful changes & more willing than before - new tunes ('a mountain of sorts') + coffee house + grilled turkey burgers = date night tonight - my good book i hate to put down - another one waiting for me when i finish - home made (baked!) sweet potatoe fries - a fixed camera - an email from home - a smile from zane when i pull out a new archie comic - something he adores but won't spend money on on his own - (a small consolation prize for not getting to see tiger woods play golf today like previously planned) - the color i'm accumulating on my arms - a yummy new chicken wrap for lunch - getting to use anna's straightner - zane here, to help me put the towels into the washer, where ginormous spiders have made too many recent appearances - my new dwell magazine, sending me into dream world - "Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -the overall thought that is guiding my day today - feeling life is indeed good to me.

4 comments:

  1. I just want you to know it's been freezing here. Well not freezing but very windy unpleasant weather. You better be tanning for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to talk to you on the phone today and now you know a little more of your summer schedule, a little more settled feeling...thanks for sharing your most inner thoughts here. Happy to see growth Anna...inspite of not having all the answers NOW, there seems to be a new settledness and peace and contentment in talking with you. Love, love, love seeing little changes and growth. Happy Mother's Day on Sunday... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like =) minus the ginormous spiders part! It least you're getting some color - I seem to do the whole pale thing year round.
    anyways a date night and fixed camera should mean pictures, right?! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I love fresh baked muffins and 84 degree weather. I'm glad that you and Zane got to spend the evening together..isn't it great how the little changes in our schedules allow for unexpected events to happen.. like a date-night at the coffee house :) (however I'm still feelin bad for Z not being able to see Tiger Woods.. :() Dwell magazine....?? I'm intrigued :). Thanks for a list to take us through your day. :) Makes me feel a little more connected, not enough but just enough to get me thru. Miss you my dear.

    ReplyDelete