5.11.2009

observations

1 – ‘going green’ – i’ve officially jumped on the reusable grocery bag bandwagon. At first I only bought one as a joke- one each for me, ash & lace from my local grocery store of choice, Publix (cos they think it has a funny name) & it would serve as good solid physical evidence of our memories from December 2007 when they came to visit. But til now it’s sat in a plastic storage bin on top of my closet. Then- we switched banks & I went into make a deposit one day & apparently they thought I needed at least ten of these things. I am amused thinking I’ll never use them. And I’m right for awhile. I leave them in the front seat of my car so I won’t forget them but I still always seem to. Then one day I finally do remember & I bring them all in with me. And now I’m sold. They’re soooo much roomier than those non-environmentally friendly plastic bags of my past – what would normally take like 14 plastic bags now fits perfectly into about 5 of my new ‘green’ bags (actually they really are green). AND I can take all my groceries up my dreaded two-flights of stairs in just one trip. It’s a win-win for me and my planet.

2 – I love the beginning (& mostly only the beginning) of Katy Perry’s, Waking Up in Vegas song because she uses a sound clip of slot machines… which makes me feel like I’m about to walk off the plane into McCarran International Airport & see my family waiting for me.

3 – why do individually wrapped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups taste so much better than the 2-in-1 packaged variety? Am I the only one that thinks this?

4 – Why can’t I stick to the list when I’m grocery shopping? Why when I mean only to spend like $40 do I come out $100+ later? This really needs to stop!

5 - after 4-years of togetherness zane has just learned my favorite kind of flowers. (wild flowers) it was an accident really - we were scrolling thru bouquets on a website for a local florist in havasu looking for something pretty for mom- & i pointed out my favorite one. he was surprised. it made me laugh. & speaking of flowers- everyone should get to experience a flower delivery just for them at least once in their life- it's amazing. i'm so glad i kept a secret from mom this year too! it was so hard - but i knew the surprise would make it so much sweeter!

6 - we like dark things. our 'dark' dirty clothes pile fills up significantly faster than any other load of laundry we do. at work tho- when i wash the kids' clothes - i wash the 'in-between' load more than any other - evie only owns maybe 3-pieces of dark pieces of clothing in her entire wardrobe. she wears mostly shades of pink & orange - her favorite colors. NOT orange & pink tho - she's quick to correct you if you say her favorite colors are orange & pink instead of pink & orange.

7 - oh who am i kidding, i'm totally disappointed that it was negative. i'll live in denial until i'm proven wrong - i mean why else would i feel the way i do?

8- my xm radio makes me giddy. soo many choices, so little time. we need to go on a road trip & xm ourselves out.

9- filthy isn't funny anymore. i'm tired of dirty humor. what use to make me laugh, now makes me feel very uncomfortable. a sign of growth i hope.

10- i have itchy bumps up & down my legs - more than just bug bites - and they're not going away. i think i'm going to have to quit ignoring them & go to the dr. annoying.

11- during the day when zane & i are at our respective jobs i'm totally fine. but when we are at home together & something comes up where one of us has to run to the store for whatever reason i have total separation anxiety. i get these unshakable premonitions that something terrible is going to happen to my husband while we're apart. i never say anything to zane cos he'd call me crazy. but i can't help it.

5 comments:

  1. 3) I totally agree. By the end of the second reeses peanut butter cup I usually never want to see one again.
    5) Ha good for Zane for making that discovery. Unfortunately my favorite flowers are plumerias and in Hawaii. However I think Luke has taken to buying flowers (he never has for anyone besides me.) He has surprised me with them twice in the last few weeks. So sweet!
    6)If it makes you feel better about the dark clothes, I have a huge blue load, not counting my jeans. It's retarded.
    10)I had a rash most of fall quarter that sounds like yours. It was from dry skin so you might want to consider that. Sun will tend to dry skin out. So will using soap too much. Still a good idea to get it checked out though.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1- I am delighted you have finally decided to embrace your Publix bag :). I still haven't caught on to actually using the "green" bags in grocery stores...maybe someday. Especially if I stay in Portland much longer...with all the glares I get :P :)
    2- I love how memories are attached to songs. I love songs in general for that reason...I'm pretty sure they help me live.
    3-Hehe. NO you're not the only one. The 2-in-1 variety..cant get past the first one and if I do.. it gives me a serious icky feeling!
    4- Because lists, like rules are made to be broken ;) or deviated might be a better term
    5- Isn't it kind of refreshing though to think that there are still so many things for him to learn about you and vice versa? I dont know..something about that just makes me smile.. it brings back the butterflies kinda.
    6- WORD! and I love how evie is so specific about her favorite colors...The mind of a child just makes me smile--notices the little differences that we often overlook as we grow up.
    7- :)
    8- Lucky lucky girl
    9- Agreed!
    10- Hmm....allergic to something? Get new soap or laundry detergent?
    11- I LOVE YOU and I don't think you're crazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing all these thoughts. and yes, you kept a total secret from your old mama, the flowers are beautiful and so much fun...who could possibly be ringing the door bell on Sunday morning...Lady Di's, of course!!! Quite a lovely surprise!

    negative yes, but positive someday!

    Love you, mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5. It's about time Zane learned =)
    6. My dark laundry is always WAY more than my white load...it's like 2 or 3 loads of dark to 1 white load
    7. ???
    10. This happened to me...very bad heat rash...red really itchy irritating bumbs all up and down my legs - drove me crazy and I never thought it would end - it took forever, but eventually it did!
    11. yeah, I can definitely say seperation isn't very much fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait wait wait, omyword!!! is number 7 what I think it is or am I just ecstactly excited at the thought of what it could mean and am actually totally wrong?!

    ReplyDelete