5.15.2009

thursday evening

spending quiet time unwinding together at the library - adding to my collection of reading - listening & watching material.

zane stoked about moving up to number 1 in line for breaking dawn.

ecstatic about finding some travel films on the pacific northwest & west coast.

giving the audio book i just borrowed from the library a test drive as i follow zane home. it exceeds all my expectations in the first 3-minutes. 100-ways-to-simplify-your-life based on living a christian life & following God. confirming the road i want to travel down - reminding me of the life i want to live & the person i want to commit to be.

a forgotten coupon for chinese food found in a wallet influenced our dinner choice. having one of those conversations that you know you will look back on someday & remember. looking into my truelove's eyes, revelling in the future i see in his eyes - loving our here & now & treasuring our past - the events that have brought us to now.

heart sprinting - butterflies teasing my tummy as we talk about all that is filling our thoughts on this day. wondering when our turn will be. amused by recent questions from some who unknowingly are brushing on topics in the forefront of our thoughts- the double-takes we allow down certain aisles - realizing it might not be just yet but still enjoying the idea - the planning - the conversations - the feelings of peace attached to the unknown.

expressing a gratitude for people we have seen who lead blessed lives. people who live for the kingdom that inspire us - people that have sometimes been dealt a difficult hand but have continued walking in grace - people that have shown us how to rise about this earth & how to be used by God & ultimately glorify Him.

i love getting fortunes in fortune cookies that are already true - mine was 'pleasure awaits you at the seashore. ' & it's true- i find pleasure by the seashore everyday.

37-days behind in my flip-calendar beside my bed. 37 mini images of Greece reminding us of our hunger to visit someday. chattering about how ultimately we would love to find another couple with the same desires - to rent a sail boat together & navigate the islands together.

watching our travel films. releasing so many emotions within me as images of my home float across the screen. the biggest smile plastered across my face- seeing the same one mirrored in my husband's face out of the corner of my eye - my eyes welling up with tears - my heart bursting with love for the beautiful place we came from.

a crisp clean set of sheets on our bed. i love to get into a clean just-made bed.

exchanging massages & head rubs with zane - feeling relaxed & oh so good...falling asleep with some edifying thoughts from proverbs floating thru my head - some things i want to put into practice tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Always fun to read your thoughts on paper...hearing them on the phone is GOOD but your written word with so much detail is always better...I love visuals and even without pictures, you give me good visuals in your writings...keep it up, keep writing and sharing your thoughts...I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are those forethoughts possibly babies? =) I think you guys would be a great mommy and daddy!

    ahhhhhhh a head rub sounds amazing...Zane is the best - tried to get Daniel to it, but recieves head rubs better than he gives them, ha!

    ReplyDelete