10.17.2009

afternoon antiquing

i have had a more intense itch then normal lately to surround myself with old stuff.  so i went to one of my favorite stores.

i was on a mission to find sewing patterns from the 30s & 40s & some vintage fabric, but came up empty.  i did however find this simple, vintage, awesome little raggedy ann costume.  i could actually live up to my email address from 7th grade for once perhaps. i love to add new things to my costume box... 

apparently this is angry raggedy ann.

we even found this old road above, to go along with my "old" theme for the day.  i had fallen asleep in the car & when i was jostled awake because i was suddenly concious that we were on some kind of bumpy dirt road... i opened my eyes.... & we were in this amazing hidden-away-jungly place.  always fun to wake up in the unexpected.  then zane filled me in, said that his curiosity for the bulow plantation that is right down the road from the gym where i work actually, had gotten the best of him.  my camera died so all i got was this photo which is not even close to giving this place justice. we will have to go back for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I love your new stuff for your costume... or just for fun!! Too bad we don't live closer so you guys could come to our Halloween party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what fun additions to the box of dress-up!!! And you're having fun doing it. Save them for when you have kids...kiddo's love to dress-up...you kids sure did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waitin' for chapter TWO of the Old Beach Road.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I LOVE the costume! Speaking of costumes..I need ideas.
    The old beach thing looks cool too. Ah. I want to come explore with you two?

    ReplyDelete