10.05.2009

so many good feelings

hmmm... a satisfied hum escapes my lips as i reflect back on the past three-days.  celebrating my man's 22nd year of life.  a man i think so highly of- the one whom i can't help but pinch his beautiful dimpled cheeks & just look at him with such love that i think my heart might just burst right out of my chest.  that man, you might know of him.  three-days of a convention that we've never been to before, yet somehow it felt so much our own.  being the recipient of so many warm hugs & short meaningful conversations.  making new connections & re-visiting some old ones, even by chance sharing lunch with a woman who shared stories about my gramma whom i never got to meet.  hard to explain how it feels to hear about a person i so automatically love without ever having met her, solely because of the strong bond i have with her daughter, my mother.  stumbling upon a spanish sing one afternoon, stumbling thru hymns with our rocky spanish. asking "que numero & repita por favor" every other song.  some of it coming back, kinda like riding a bike.  feeling excited, re-igniting a deep desire to immerse ourself in a spanish speaking country someday.  being given the courage to fight the "imaginary lions" that live within me & being given wings that made my heart feel as tho it must be soaring somewhere high above me in the sky. obeying the voice i usually ignore, feeling the difference, feeling so deeply thankful.  sharing pain & tears & tight squeezes with a friend battling battles i've already fought.  having the most precious of little girls crawl all over us for a couple meetings.  witnessing new growth in our friends, feeling inspired. sharing dozens of conversations with my hubby spoken in his favorite love language: back rubs/hand rubs/neck rubs...    falling asleep in my love's hot, sweaty arms in that relentless thick late summer southern air- romanticizing about the old south before air conditioning came into existence when these kinds of nights were spent on front porches & rocking chairs with pitchers of sweet tea & familes & friends picked on banjos & told stories late into the night....enjoying convention food  being brought to me in bed by my hubby when i couldn't quite make it out of my sleeping bag & the open tent flap revealing the most beautiful of views.  feeling my heart grow a little bit bigger.  bbqing with an intimiate group of people on the grounds after "tear-down," feeling so lucky to be a part of this wonderful family. zane summed it up when we were driving home from work tonight.  we were waiting at a particularly long red light/thinking about dinner plans/talking about the annoyances of this monday/feeling sleepy from the early start at 5-something this morning & as we were sitting together in our silence & our thoughts, he looked at me & said: "can we just go back to convention?" sigh, amen to that.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh. Sounds absolutely delightful. Glad you got to have another convention. I third Zane's question. I wish the answer could be yes..today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to Ashlee, and you....convention is so good and always love what it does for me, makes me want to just stay there for a really long time. (But when you kids were little, I didn't want to stay there too long!!!) Just wanted to get you home and back into our little routine!
    Thanks for sharing all your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful convention, as they all are! :)

    ReplyDelete