10.16.2009

um, duh!

i just realized something really obvious about myself. someone was saying it about themselves & i had one of those "oh! oh! ME TOO!" moments.  one of those "thank-you-for-putting-into-words-the-way-i-feel" type moments.  i am not a private person.  there, i said it. there is something painful about keeping things locked inside of me, something that just makes it feel like i'm being dishonest, & it's yucky.  & then i realized that i. need. to. talk. to. people. even if it's not totally appropriate, i just have to process it out loud with my people.  so thank you for being my people sometimes. & letting me talk myself thru my life & figure it all out.  it's helpful. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you do TALK...you get that from your mama...Dad put it appropriately the other day....he said something to the effect of "women just need to talk a lot more than men do and sometimes it can get them in trouble..." (Not verbatim...but you get the gist =D)
    I said that yes, I know I sure do need to talk...it's just ME...so keep talkin' honey...it keeps us SANE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking alot about this lately. Someone told me awhile ago that I am a private person. I didn't realize it. I have yet to come to terms with whether it is true or not. Because I feel similar in that I need to be completely open. and I need to talk myself thru life. Really appreciate you sharing this. Love you.

    ReplyDelete